The 4th Siyum HaShas on 13 April 1953 (28 Nisan 5713) also had its main venue in Israel. An estimated 10,000 gathered for the main event in Mea Shearim, following local siyums and speeches by leading rabbis in over half a dozen Jerusalem synagogues. Thousands attended the Siyum HaShas in Tel Aviv and danced afterwards at the central bus station. Well-attended Siyums also took place in Bnei Brak, Petah Tikva, Haifa, and Tiberias.
In New York City, the 4th Siyum HaShas was celebrated at the Young Israel of Borough Park, as well as in Bensonhurst, Brownsville, West Side of Manhattan, and the Bronx.
More from this series
More from this category:
- Rabbi Lamm in His Own Words: The Role of Torah in the Modern World
- Highlights: Dirshu Siyum HaShas – Yad Eliyahu
- Siyum Hashas at Wembley Arena in England
- Rav Chaim Kanievesky addresses Siyum HaShas
- Full Event – The 13th Siyum HaShas of Daf Yomi at Metlife Stadium
- Siyum Hashas 2020 – Chazan Helfgot
- FULL VIDEO – The 12th Siyum HaShas of Daf Yomi at Metlife Stadium
- 1st Siyum Hashas – A look back
- 2nd Siyum Hashas – A look back
- 4th Siyum Hashas – A look back