By Sara Debbie Gutfreund
Feeling stuck? Here’s your way out.
1. Have I done everything that I can to make my life more meaningful today?
After an inspiring class or book, we get a rush of enthusiasm. But it doesn’t take long to find ourselves back in our mundane mindset. Meaning doesn’t stick for long. Meaning is something we need to imbue in our lives every day.
2. Am I taking responsibility for the relationships in my life?
Take stock of the people in your life. Do they bring out the best in you? If not, can you respectfully limit your time with them? Do you express gratitude for having them in your life? Do you recognize that they’re doing the best they can with the tools they have?
3. Is this choice moving me towards my goals?
Everything we do can either move us toward or away from our goals. Nothing can “ruin” our day; it is only my response to my circumstances that can empower me to move closer to who I want to become.
4. What am I learning from this?
Every difficult situation has something to teach us. What should I learn from this?
5. Have I done everything possible to make myself happier?
Whenever we feel stuck, we need to ask ourselves: How can I make myself happier in this situation? What can I control? What can I change?
6. What can I do today to improve my life and the lives of those around me?
There is always something we can do to make the world a better place, even if it’s a small gesture of kindness and warmth. What am I doing today to improve my life and change myself?
For more Jewish inspiration visit https://www.aish.com – the world’s leading Judaism website.