Jerusalem Day is an Israeli national holiday commemorating the reunification of Jerusalem and the establishment of Israeli control over the Old City in June 1967. It is a day to thank God for victory in the Six-Day War and for answering the 2,000-year-old prayer of “Next Year in Jerusalem.” The day is marked by state ceremonies, memorial services for soldiers who died in the battle for Jerusalem, parades through downtown Jerusalem, and prayers of thanksgiving. Schoolchildren throughout the country come to Jerusalem to learn about the significance of their Holy City. Dean Bye met up with wonderful young Israelis from the city of Modi’in. Enjoy their enthusiasm for their nation!
More from this series
More from this category:
- The NY Cantors – Yerushalayim Shel Zahav
- The Liberation of Jerusalem
- Shlomo Shabbat – Jerusalem
- Yom Yerushalayim Playlist
- Jerusalem – wave your flag
- Jerusalem Day Special: The City of David From Above, 1967-2020
- Jerusalem of Gold, with footage from the Six Day War
- DF – Yom Yerushalayim — Jerusalem Day – Daily Focus
- הרב גורן, הרב צבי יהודה והרב הנזיר בששת הימים ליד הר הבית
- שחרור הכותל הר הבית בידנו!