Follow on Instagram: www.instagram.com/esthermusic
Hit subscribe to follow and push the bell notification for future releases.
Interesting how tonight is Tu B’av, The 15th of Av which is undoubtedly a most mysterious day, and is traditionally known as a Holiday of Love when all the “maidens” would go out into the field to dance, dressed in white and the men would seek them out for a shidduch – match..
The Talmud considers this the greatest festival of the year, with Yom Kippur (!) a close second! Ironic considering the terribly sad month it falls in which is ladened with the many tragedies of the Jewish people.
Tonight is actually the perfect time to release the cover of this song from Devorah and I.
Let’s break down the meaning of these powerful words to this song originally said by our father Yaakov.
קָטֹנְתִּי מִכֹּל הַחֲסָדִים וּמִכָּל-הָאֱמֶת אֲשֶׁר עָשִׂיתָ אֶת-עַבְדֶּךָ כִּי בְמַקְלִי עָבַרְתִּי אֶת-הַיַּרְדֵּן הַזֶּה וְעַתָּה הָיִיתִי לִשְׁנֵי מַחֲנוֹת הַצִּילֵנִי נָא הַצִּילֵנִי נָא הַצִּילֵנִי נָא
וְהִצַּלְתָּ נַפְשִׁי כִּי-חַסְדְּךָ גָּדוֹל עָלָי וְהִצַּלְתָּ נַפְשִׁי מִשְּׁאוֹל תַּחְתִּיָּה
“I am not worthy of all the mercies And of all the truth Which You have done unto your servant
For with my staff I passed over the Jordan
Now I am two camps
For Your kindness overwhelms me And You have delivered me from the depths”
Our sages have taught that pairing a man and a woman for marriage is as difficult for G-d as the splitting of the sea. Many singles who have been challenged with finding their match know how painfully difficult this can be.
The lesson of Yaakov’s prayer is that one must always look at the lot given to him or her by G-d as a true kindness. G-d’s kindness is true because as mortals we can never repay Him for what we’ve been gifted. We can achieve real humility when we are able to accept and appreciate that the lot we’ve been given, as challenging as it may at times be, is in reality an act of G-d’s true kindness.
Wherever you are holding in life. Whether you are single, never married, divorced or widowed, may tonight be the catalyst in you finding your ultimate match/zivug/soul mate through trust and joy in Hashem’s kindness. (p.s if you are married, may tonight be the time you reinvent your love for your spouse!)
Enjoy. Feel free to share and spread the love through and with humility.
More from this series:
- ESTHER – Original Superhero, unplugged
- ESTHER ft. Rivka Eilfort an Rochel Sam – Ani Ledodi
- ESTHER – Man Plans and G-d Laughs
- Esther Freeman and Naamah Freundlich Lip Sync to Lipa Schmeltzer!
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Riboin (Beri Weber)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Ki Hinei Kachomer
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Superhero Official Trailer
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Only Love (End of 2019 recap on violence and hate)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | SUPERHERO (Official Lyric Video)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Cover ft. Nelly Efron – Abba, אבא – (Avraham Fried)
- ESTHER FREEMAN and DEVORAH SCHWARTZ | Katonti Cover (Yonatan Razel)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Avinu Malkeinu
- Yud Tes Kisleiv Kumzits With Esther Freeman
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Light One Candle