Follow on instagram @esthersmusic
Follow on Facebook @esthersmusic
One of the prayers that always struck a chord in me on Yom Kippur is called, “כי הנה כחמר – Ki Hinei Kachomer”.
The words are so poetic and rather profound.
“Indeed, as the clay in the hand of the potter, who, when he wishes expands it and when he wishes contracts it; so are we in Your hand, O You who remembers deeds of the loving kindness; Look to the covenant and do not regard our evil inclination.”
“Ki Hinei Kachomer Beyad Hayotzeir, Birtzoso Marchiv Uvirtzoso Mekatzer, Kein Anachnu Beyodcho Chessed Notzeir, Labris Habet Veal Teifen Layeitzer.”
A song of three stanzas with a musical charm all its own. It is usually sung without words. But the Chassid Reb Aharon Charitonov, a slaughterer in Nikolayev, Ukraine, one of the famous composers of Chabad melodies, would sing this tune to the words of this poem recited in the Yom Kippur evening prayers.
Arranged and Produced by Tali Yess
Music, Esther Freeman
ESTHER FREEMAN | Ki Hinei Kachomer
December 5, 2019
More from this series:
- ESTHER – Original Superhero, unplugged
- ESTHER ft. Rivka Eilfort an Rochel Sam – Ani Ledodi
- ESTHER – Man Plans and G-d Laughs
- Esther Freeman and Naamah Freundlich Lip Sync to Lipa Schmeltzer!
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Riboin (Beri Weber)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Ki Hinei Kachomer
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Superhero Official Trailer
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Only Love (End of 2019 recap on violence and hate)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | SUPERHERO (Official Lyric Video)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Cover ft. Nelly Efron – Abba, אבא – (Avraham Fried)
- ESTHER FREEMAN and DEVORAH SCHWARTZ | Katonti Cover (Yonatan Razel)
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Avinu Malkeinu
- Yud Tes Kisleiv Kumzits With Esther Freeman
- ESTHER FREEMAN | Light One Candle