Christian was 19 years old when the war broke out and she had to flee France. She volunteered in the Women’s Royal Naval Service (WRENS) and rose through its ranks until she became involved in plotting ships in the battle of the Atlantic and preparing maps for D-day landings in Churchill’s office. Subscribe: http://bit.ly/BBCDocs
I Was There: an original series from BBC Studios. The series portrays first-hand testimonies from pivotal moments in WW2, as well as detailed accounts of the everyday life of the soldiers, civilians and children of the time. Memories worth sharing.
Welcome to BBC Documentary! We offer thought-provoking and captivating documentaries that illustrate key moments from history and the lives of fascinating people.
Want to share your views with the team? Join our BBC Studios Voice: https://www.bbcstudiosvoice.com/register
Due to rights and sales restrictions, content on the channel may not be available in all territories. The availability of certain content may also change over time.
This is a channel from BBC Studios who help fund new BBC programmes. Service information and feedback: http://bbcworldwide.com/vod-feedback–contact-details.aspx
Holocaust, I Was There - Tales from WW2
Fleeing War On The Last Boat Back To England
November 14, 2019
More from this series:
- Memories of a British soldier
- Evacuation of children during the war
- Letters to the Front Line | I Was There | WW2
- Fleeing War On The Last Boat Back To England
- The Reality of Fighting in World War Two
- Jewish children evacuated from Germany
- A Female Spitfire Pilot in World War Two
- Making Friends With A German Prisoner of War
- Making Propaganda Films During The War
- From Schoolboy To War Officer
- Celebrating Christmas During A War | I Was There | WW2
- Making The Decision Not To Fight In World War Two