Brief overview of the history of the Jews in the 18th and early 19th century, with emphasis on intellectual and religious developments in the Russian Empire and Germany: the rise of Hasidism, the Mitnagdic reaction, and the impact of the Haskalah. Part VIII of the I Survived Jewish History Series.
Interested in studying more deeply? Join our learning community of students, researchers and colleagues: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join
More from this series
More from this category:
- Tutankhamun’s Treasures (Full Episode) | Lost Treasures of Egypt
- The Mishnah – Writing Down Jewish Law
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple