You’ve probably heard of the big names in Israeli innovation – Wix, Mobileye and Waze – but did you know Israel has an estimated 6,000 startups? In fact, there’s so much technology coming out of this little Middle Eastern country that it’s leaving Silicon Valley in the dust! So what’s the secret behind Israel’s hi-tech power? Why is the country such a hotbed of innovation and could this phenomenon have happened elsewhere? Probably not. The combination of unique events and challenges facing Israel since it was established in 1948 laid the groundwork for turning the country from the Land of Milk and Honey into the land of accelerators and exits. What do you think of this week’s episode? Let us know in the comments section below. Subscribe and check out more awesome UNPACKED videos! https://www.youtube.com/UNPACKED?sub_confirmation=1 GET SOCIAL @ UNPACKEDTweets by IsraeliHistory ———– Photo/Video Credit: – GPO/Zoltan Kluger/Moshe Milner/Teddy Brauner – Israel State Archives THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS: Executive Producers: – Shevi Peters – Adam Milstein Platinum Level: – Rachel & Jack ז”ל Gindi Family Foundation – Meryl and Sam Solomon, Beit Zayit – Lily and Kam Babaoff – Dr. Shmuel and Evelyn Katz This series would not be possible without the generous support of: – The Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation ———– #Israel #Education #History Israel the Startup Nation
Posted 10 months ago
More from this series
More from this category:
- This classic El Al commercial from 1985 is the best thing you’ll watch all day.
- Original Recording of the Official Declaration of Israel`s Establishment
- This Israeli tourism video from 1966 is amazing!
- Jan 15 in Jewish History: IDF Earthquake Relief Efforts in Haiti
- New Show: Lesson in Israeli History – Episode 1: 1860-1919
- The History of Israel Explained
- David Ben Gurion – Israel`s First Prime Minister
- The Women of Zionism
- Remembering Yitzhak Rabin: 24 Years Since the Assassination
- 24 years since Israeli PM Yitzchak Rabin’s assassination. Here’s Bill Clinton’s eulogy honoring his memory