After a brief discussion of sources for medieval Jewish history, including the Cairo Geniza, this lecture surveys the experience of Jews under Islamic and Christian rule from the seventh through the 11th centuries. Part V of the I Survived Jewish History series at the Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. This is the advance, unedited version for members of the channel; the public version is scheduled to premiere on Sunday, March 8 at 8pm EST.
Interested in studying more deeply? Join our learning community of students, researchers and colleagues: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join
More from this series
More from this category:
- Tutankhamun’s Treasures (Full Episode) | Lost Treasures of Egypt
- The Mishnah – Writing Down Jewish Law
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple