When the Roman army arrived on the shores of the Holy Land in 63 BCE, no one could have imagined the havoc they would wreak on the Jews of Judea. By destroying the Temple, they forever changed how and where the Jews would direct their spiritual energy. But far from being the beginning of the end, it was just the start of a whole new era in Jewish history.
More from this series
More from this category:
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple
- The Judean Exile to Babylonia
- How A Christian Printer Transformed the Talmud