A brief historical survey of ancient Jewish history from the earliest times to the Hasmonean rebellion of the 1st century BCE. Part One of the “I Survived Jewish History” series at Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst. After an introduction to the tension between the Maximalist and Minimalists schools of historiography and a look at the natural, political and economic geography of ancient Israel, the lecture moves through the first and second Temple periods to the Hellenistic era.
Interested in studying more deeply? Join our learning community of students, researchers and colleagues: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join
More from this series
More from this category:
- Tutankhamun’s Treasures (Full Episode) | Lost Treasures of Egypt
- The Mishnah – Writing Down Jewish Law
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple