A brief overview of Jewish history from the end of the Bar Kochba revolt in the 130s through the development of the diaspora community in Babylonia and the compilation of the Talmud. Part IV of the I Survived Jewish History series at Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst.
This video is scheduled to premiere with a live chat with Dr. Abramson on Monday, March 2 at 9PM EST. The chat will be moderated to remove any intellectual vandals who might seek to disrupt the discussion. An advance viewing version of this lecture (unedited, including the cheesy jokes and tangential asides) is available to channel members here: https://youtu.be/8tTESt91GPo (for more information on membership, visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join, note that it is not available in all countries).
More from this series
More from this category:
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple
- The Judean Exile to Babylonia
- How A Christian Printer Transformed the Talmud
- Documentary: Peace talks – when Arafat and Rabin met in Oslo