A brief overview of Jewish history from the end of the Bar Kochba revolt in the 130s through the development of the diaspora community in Babylonia and the compilation of the Talmud. Part IV of the I Survived Jewish History series at Young Israel of Lawrence-Cedarhurst.
This video is scheduled to premiere with a live chat with Dr. Abramson on Monday, March 2 at 9PM EST. The chat will be moderated to remove any intellectual vandals who might seek to disrupt the discussion. An advance viewing version of this lecture (unedited, including the cheesy jokes and tangential asides) is available to channel members here: https://youtu.be/8tTESt91GPo (for more information on membership, visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join, note that it is not available in all countries).
More from this series:
- Jews, Rome and Early Christianity (I Survived Jewish History pt 2)
- Destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem through the Bar Kochba Revolt (I Survived Jewish History III)
- Origins of the Talmud (I Survived Jewish History, Part IV)
- Origins of the Talmud: From Bar Kochba to the Advent of Islam (I Survived Jewish History pt. IV)
- Origins of the Jewish People through the Maccabean Revolt (I Survived Jewish History, part I)
- Jews under Islamic and Christian Rule. I Survived Jewish History Pt. V
- The Spanish Golden Age: I Survived Jewish History pt. VI
- The Iberian Diaspora, The Ukrainian Uprising, the False Messiah (I Survived Jewish History pt. VII)
- Hasidim, Mitnagdim, Maskilim: I SURVIVED JEWISH HISTORY Pt. VIII
- The New World (I SURVIVED JEWISH HISTORY Pt. IX)
- The Holocaust
- The State of Israel: Part XI of the I SURVIVED JEWISH HISTORY series
- American Jews in the Early 21st Century (I SURVIVED JEWISH HISTORY pt. XII)