Tracing the development of the Jewish community in Sasanian Persia after the Bar Kochba revolt, this lecture focuses on the scholarly activity of Rabbis in Israel and Babylonia resulting in the massive compilation known as the Talmud. This advance version of the video is unedited, including cheesy jokes, for members of the channel. A slightly cleaned-up version is scheduled to premiere on Monday at 7pm EST.
Interested in studying more deeply? Join our learning community of students, researchers and colleagues: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeNr6gwqin_7e_atjVnJcCQ/join
More from this series
More from this category:
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple
- The Judean Exile to Babylonia
- How A Christian Printer Transformed the Talmud
- Documentary: Peace talks – when Arafat and Rabin met in Oslo