Get a first look at the project that’s been 50 years in the making. June 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the Six Day War – a war that changed the course of Israel and the region forever. Experience the dramatic events of 1967 and how they transformed the State of Israel at http://www.sixdaywarproject.org/. The war was a pivotal event in the history of the Middle East and of the Jewish people. Join us as we step back in time to recall the war that was like no other, seeing and hearing the events as they unfold. In honor of this occasion, Jerusalem U has partnered with five major organizations to bring this piece of history to life. Using archival footage and newspaper headlines, we’ve created a free series of short videos that will take you back in time to that fateful summer… Between May and June 2017, the Countdown to the Six Day War Project will provide you with 12 short videos that will teach you exactly what happened 50 years ago today. Sign up now for this free offer at http://www.sixdaywarproject.org/. Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/sixdaywarproject This video was produced by Jerusalem U in partnership with The Jerusalem Post, the Jewish Federations of North America, the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, the Jewish National Fund, the Israel Action Network, the European Jewish Congress and the Center for Israel Education. For more on the dramatic events and impact of the Six Day War, visit http://www.sixdaywarproject.org/. Thumbnail Photo Credit: GPO Israel/Han Micha ———-
More from this series
More from this category:
- This classic El Al commercial from 1985 is the best thing you’ll watch all day.
- Original Recording of the Official Declaration of Israel`s Establishment
- This Israeli tourism video from 1966 is amazing!
- Jan 15 in Jewish History: IDF Earthquake Relief Efforts in Haiti
- New Show: Lesson in Israeli History – Episode 1: 1860-1919
- The History of Israel Explained
- David Ben Gurion – Israel`s First Prime Minister
- The Women of Zionism
- Remembering Yitzhak Rabin: 24 Years Since the Assassination
- 24 years since Israeli PM Yitzchak Rabin’s assassination. Here’s Bill Clinton’s eulogy honoring his memory