Rabbi Moshe Feinstein was born in the year 1895 in Uzda, near Minsk. In 1921 he became rabbi of Luban, near Minsk, where he remained until he came to the United States in 1937. In America he became the Rosh Yeshiva of Mesivta Tiferes Yerushalayim, a yeshiva in NY. Rabbi Feinstein was a dedicated and selfless leader for the Jewish people to whom anyone could approach at any time with any problem. Rabbi Moshe Feinstein was one of the last of the great leaders and sages from Europe and was a representative of the greatness the Jewish people had before the destruction of the Jewish communities during World War II. We were greatly privileged to have such a giant here in America. When he passed away in 1986 the Jewish people lost a great and caring leader and one of our last connections to the greatness of European Jewry.
More from this series
More from this category:
- Tutankhamun’s Treasures (Full Episode) | Lost Treasures of Egypt
- The Mishnah – Writing Down Jewish Law
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple