1:13 What does the name “Ashkenaz” mean and where exactly does it refer to?
3:14 Was there widespread sexual violence against Jewish women in Ashkenaz?
4:54 Are there any Herodian descendants living today?
6:38 How many people were killed in the Kitos War?
7:47 Was Rabbi Akiva’s Bnei Brak the same as the modern city?
8:30 If Hadrian was so unpopular, why is he remembered positively in the West today?
10:27 Correction: Simon Bar Yochai escaped execution
10:54 Why didn’t I mention the Zohar?
11:36 Why do some years in the Hebrew calendar have a slightly different number of days?
14:17 How accurate is the Hebrew calendar?
16:20 How does the Samaritan calendar work?
17:16 What happened to the menorah after it returned to Jerusalem?
More from this series:
- Jewish Prehistory (Stone Age-Bronze Age)
- God(s) of Israel (900-720 BCE)
- The Book of the Lord (720-609 BCE)
- Judaism! (For Real This Time) (609-539 BCE)
- First Temple Judaism: Corrections and Fun Facts
- Persia and the World (539-332 BCE)
- How Did the Jewish Temple Work?
- Hellenistic Judaism (332-167 BCE)
- Hanukkah (167-164 BCE)
- Judah’s Gambit (164-162 BCE)
- The Brass Treaty (162-157 BCE)
- Interdynastic Period: Corrections and Fun Facts
- The Hasmonean Dynasty (157-134 BCE)
- John Hyrcanus vs. the World (134-103 BCE)
- The Constitution of Judea (103-6 BCE)
- The Jewish Empire (103-67 BCE)
- Pompey’s Judean Campaign (67-40 BCE)
- Hasmonean Period: Corrections and Fun Facts
- Herod the Great (40-29 BCE)
- Hillel vs. Herod (29-4 BCE)
- The Judean Tetrarchy (4 BCE-30 CE)
- The Birth of Christianity (30-39 CE)
- Judea’s Last King (37-66 CE)
- Herodian Period: Corrections and Fun Facts
- The Jewish War Begins (66-67 CE)
- The Fall of Jerusalem (67-70 CE)
- Masada (70-73 CE)
- The Jewish War: Corrections and Fun Facts
- Roman Exile (73-115 CE)
- The Kitos War (115-118)
- The Bar Kochba Revolt (132-136)
- The Messiah at the Gates of Rome (136-235)
- The Hebrew Calendar (235-362)
- The Third Temple? (362-630)
- Roman/Talmudic Period: Corrections and Fun Facts
- Judaism in India (68 CE-present)
- Judaism and Islam (570-750) [feat. Al Muqaddimah]
- The Khazar Khaganate (740-969)
- The Masoretic Text (750-930)
- The Sephardic Golden Age (756-1066) [feat. Hikma History]
- The Jewish Crusade (1095-1105)
- Geonic Period: Corrections and Fun Facts
- The Adventures of Benjamin of Tudela (1130-1173)
- Maimonides, the Great Eagle (1138-1204)
- Jews in Medieval England (1070-1290)
- The Old Yishuv’s New Order (1204-1291)
- Casimir’s Gift: How the Jews Came to Poland (966-1370) [feat. History House Productions]
- The Sephardic Silver Age (1204-1391)
- The Alhambra Decree (1391-1492)
- Rishonic Period: Corrections, Questions, and Omissions
- The Safed Circle (1492-1575)
- Return of the Conversos (1497-1677)
- Shabtai Zvi, the Mystical Messiah (1626-1676)
- The Pursuit of Heresy (1676-1750)
- Early Acharonim: Corrections, Questions, and Omissions
- Judaism in Iran (539 BCE-present)