Facebook’s Chief Operating Officer Sheryl Sandberg delivered the keynote at Barnard College’s 119th Commencement ceremony. Addressing approximately 600 members of Barnard’s Class of 2011, Sandberg implored the young women to “never let your fear overwhelm your desire. Let the obstacles in your path be external not internal. Fortune does favor the bold and you’ll never know what you’re capable of if you don’t try.” Sandberg also received the Barnard Medal of Distinction, the College’s highest honor, alongside: Sylvia Rhone, President of Universal Motown Records; Roberta Guaspari, renowned advocate for music education in public schools; and artist Jenny Holzer, celebrated for contributions to the American conceptual art movement.
More from this series
More from this category:
- Wow! Meet the Poverty Warriors!
- This generous cashier keeps buying homeless people coffee
- United We Are One – a global Jewish Unity documentary
- Why We Should Never Forget That WE ARE STRONGER TOGETHER
- Greatness thrust upon us – A Commencement Speech from Rabbi Sacks
- You can be anything you want – Vice Admiral Bono Motivational Speech
- Wow! The True Story of the Golden Gate Bridge Guardian Angel – Kevin Briggs
- Amazing Dad Reflexes – Compilation
- How To Let Go Of All Of Your Pain
- Tal Ben-Shahar`s Tips for Happiness and Good Mental Health