When the Jewish people were exiled following the destruction of the First Temple, they seemed set to disappear from history. Instead, they survived and even thrived. What mysterious power held the Jewish people together and how did they retain their faith, tradition and identity in Babylonia – far from the Land of Israel?
New episodes of “The Jewish Story Explained” launch every other Monday. Subscribe and turn on your notifications so you don’t miss out.
Missed the last episode? Check it out here:
Recommended series — “History of Israel Explained”
Instagram — https://www.instagram.com/unpacked.media
Twitter — https://twitter.com/UnpackedMedia
– Shmuel Katz
– Melinda Goldrich
– Irving I Moskowitz Foundation
– Goldrich Family Foundation
This series would not be possible without the generous support of Esther Gilbert and Michael Kagan
– Wikimedia: John Hill, Hmundol, Arian Zwegers
– Flickr: Ajay Tallam, Matt Ming
More from this series
More from this category:
- Tutankhamun’s Treasures (Full Episode) | Lost Treasures of Egypt
- The Mishnah – Writing Down Jewish Law
- The Great Jewish revolt against Rome
- Is the Vatican Hiding the Menorah?
- Judea Under Roman Rule
- Israelis: What did your grandparents expect to happen with the Arabs when they came here?
- Kabbalah: Secret Jewish mysticism goes mainstream
- Hidden stories about Reb Moshe Feinstein
- Why Do US Presidential Candidates Care So Much About Israel?
- The Return of The Jewish Temple