Donald Sheppard describes his experience of leaving civilian life behind to become a soldier and the intensity of the mentally and physically challenging military training.
I Was There: an original series from BBC Studios. The series portrays first-hand testimonies from pivotal moments in WW2, as well as detailed accounts of the everyday life of the soldiers, civilians and children of the time. Memories worth sharing.
Welcome to BBC Documentary! We offer thought-provoking and captivating documentaries that illustrate key moments from history and the lives of fascinating people.
Want to share your views with the team? Join our BBC Studios Voice: https://www.bbcstudiosvoice.com/register
Due to rights and sales restrictions, content on the channel may not be available in all territories. The availability of certain content may also change over time.
This is a channel from BBC Studios who help fund new BBC programmes. Service information and feedback: http://bbcworldwide.com/vod-feedback–contact-details.aspx
More from this series:
- Memories of a British soldier
- Evacuation of children during the war
- Letters to the Front Line | I Was There | WW2
- Fleeing War On The Last Boat Back To England
- The Reality of Fighting in World War Two
- Jewish children evacuated from Germany
- A Female Spitfire Pilot in World War Two
- Making Friends With A German Prisoner of War
- Making Propaganda Films During The War
- From Schoolboy To War Officer
- Celebrating Christmas During A War | I Was There | WW2
- Making The Decision Not To Fight In World War Two