The period of Sefirat ha-omer between Pesach and Shavuot is associated in rabbinic lore with Rabbi Akiva, and specifically the death of his students in a plague. We will study aggadot about the the master teacher Rabbi Akiva himself – his humble beginnings, his family, his intellectual and emotional power, and his tragic end.
Follow us online!
Visit our website at www.drisha.org
More from this series
More from this category:
- International Rescue Mission: Operation Solomon
- Vayichan – Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis and Rabbi Lord Jonathan Sacks on Shavuot
- Why Amare Stoudemire Learns Torah
- “Shavuot, God and Creating Eternal Holiness” – Rabbi Kenneth Brander
- Jewish Philosophy Basics Marathon
- “Redemption in the Air: Yom Yerushalayim and Shavuot” – Rabbi Kenneth Brander
- Journalism during Crisis – Pirkei Avot with JPost editor Yaakov Katz
- Marriage’s Impact on Raising Successful Children with Rabbi Dovid Rosman
- Megillat Ruth, A Tale of Three Heroes… Naomi: With Age Comes Wisdom
- Rabbi Akiva, The Comforter