We’re all against hate, right? We agree it’s a problem — their problem, not our problem, that is. But as Sally Kohn discovered, we all hate — some of us in subtle ways, others in obvious ones. As she confronts a hard story from her own life, she shares ideas on how we can recognize, challenge and heal from hatred in our institutions and in ourselves.
Check out more TED Talks: http://www.ted.com
The TED Talks channel features the best talks and performances from the TED Conference, where the world’s leading thinkers and doers give the talk of their lives in 18 minutes (or less). Look for talks on Technology, Entertainment and Design — plus science, business, global issues, the arts and more.
Follow TED on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TEDTalks
Like TED on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TED
Subscribe to our channel: https://www.youtube.com/TED
Interesting, Ted Talks- Dissecting Cultures of Hate
What we can do about the culture of hate | Sally Kohn
June 19, 2018
More from this series:
- I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church. Here’s why I left | Megan Phelps-Roper
- My road trip through the whitest towns in America | Rich Benjamin
- Empathy is not endorsement | Dylan Marron
- Our treatment of HIV has advanced. Why hasn’t the stigma changed? | Arik Hartmann
- A black man goes undercover in the alt-right | Theo E.J. Wilson
- What we can do about the culture of hate | Sally Kohn