Jerusalem food expert Shimshon Leshinsky made a guest appearance on the YouTube channel today in order to review the Russian/Georgian fare at Yolo Bakery on Kiach Street in Downtown Jerusalem.
Owner Sasha Gelfund was also on hand to tell us the story of how he built the restaurant’s taboon oven himself from over 400 bricks and failing to find something up to his exacting standards on the local market. Gelfund immigrated to Israel from Serbia 30 years ago.
Yolo Bakery serves a delicious variety of traditional delicacies at very reasonable prices.
00:00 – Shot of building exterior
00:13 – Shimshon Leshinsky explains the significance of Russian New Year
00:57 – Owner Sasha Gelfund discusses the significance of the holiday
02:05 – Shimshon Leshinsky offers advice to Sasha Gelfund on dish
02:37 – Sasha Gelfund explains how he built the oven himself!
== Credits ==
Review and research: Shimshon Sam Leshinsky
By: Daniel Rosehill
== Contact Information ===
For latest contact information:
Social media and more:
== Licensing / syndication / reproduction ==
Unless otherwise indicated, all videos I distribute through YouTube are licensed under the following Creative Commons license: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0).
For the full license, see: https://bit.ly/ncnd4bycc.
== Production notes ==*
Camera: Fimi Palm 2
Audio: Saramonic Cam Mic Plus (initial audio). Internal microphone (later audio)
(I write these for myself to help keep track of what equipment I’m using as I try to make better YouTube videos!)
More from this series:
- Series Trailer – Shimshon Eats Jerusalem: A YouTube Series (Series 1)
- Yolo Bakery, Jerusalem (Shimshon Eats Jerusalem S01:E01)
- Trailer: Shimshon Eats Jerusalem – The Clal Building (S01:E03)
- Hineni Soup Kitchen, Jerusalem (Shimshon Eats Jerusalem S01:E02)
- Virtual Walk Through Binyan Clal With Shimshon Leshinsky (Shimshon Eats Jerusalem S01:E03)
- Shimshon Leshinsky Visits Binyan Clal – The Highlights
- Behind The Scenes – The Making Of Shimshon Eats Jerusalem
- Interview With Shimshon Leshinsky – Star of ‘Shimshon Eats Jerusalem’
- Best Kebab In Jerusalem? 3 Title Contenders Sized Up
- Best shawarma in Jerusalem? We tried to find it!